To be continued…

I am sitting the in the Bone Marrow Transplantation wing of the hospital. I was scheduled to start radiation at 6 a.m. this morning, but instead, I received a call from my Oncologist. She has been researching all of the studies to determine if we should proceed with the transplant. She said my last biopsy showed a trace amount of the Philadelphia chromosome at .00042%. I also tested positive for the Rhinovirus (common cold) yesterday. The cold puts me at a higher risk of getting pneumonia during the transplant. The Ph chromosome puts me at a higher risk of relapse.

Factoring in both the variables, we decided to postpone the transplant until I get rid of the cold and Ph chromosome. I don’t know how long it will be and I don’t know if the donor will still be available. There are a lot of variables to consider, but we think this will give me the best chance of beating this wretched cancer.

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s